Friday, January 27, 2012

Jumbled Letters; Missed Opportunities

First off, I want to thank Mrs. Hurdle, Mrs. Keen, and Mrs. Saam for coming in to the school today to help out with Everybody Counts! The kids behaved nicely for the most part, and one thing I will say for this class is that they are very forthcoming with their disabilities. Of course, they are also pretty forthcoming with the fact that Mr. C is dyslexic, but that's fine, because I make no secret about it.

We also had a spelling test and managed to get some more of Genius Files read (I'm having fun with that book), but unfortunately, no matter how hard I tried to squeeze it in, we were unable to fit in an auction using their dollars. I told them that we would do this on Tuesday, because that is the last day of "dollar days" before we go to the Woodbrook unified "tickets" system. It's a long story that the kids understand (I think), but you'll have to trust me.

More to come. Hopefully everyone has a great weekend!

2 comments:

Deana Keen said...

Thank you Mr. Carter for allowing me to help in your classroom. I really enjoyed working with the kids today.
Also, thank you for having your blog. Jeff and I really enjoy reading it with John. The blog jogs John's memory about school and we have enjoyed our conversations with him about what he is doing in school.
Enjoy your weekend!!
Deana Keen

Jeff said...

Well that's good to hear! And thank you so much for coming in--we had some nice discussion after it was over. I loved how no one seemed ashamed to talk about their learning disabilities. That's the strength of the program.