Sunday, January 29, 2012

Handing Off the Baton

The American Cancer Society's Team Woodbrook for the 2012 Relay for Life is looking for a leader! Woodbrook has a proud tradition of being one of the top teams in terms of fundraising and membership each year since the Carmel Relay for Life began in 2006. Relay for Life is a 24-hour event in which team members keep one person on the track for the whole day, beginning at 10am on Saturday morning, June 2 and lasting all through the day and night until 10am on Sunday, June 3. It is a fun event to raise money and support for the American Cancer Society, and let's face it, we've all been affected by cancer in some way shape or form. If you would be interested in either being the chairperson or the co-chair with a friend, please contact me at 317-846-4225 ext. 1851 (or e-mail: jcarter1@ccs.k12.in.us) or Nurse Barb at 317-846-4225 ext. 1805 (bneukam@ccs.k12.in.us).

This is going out in the Woodbrook World in a couple weeks, but I thought I'd toss it up here just to see if we have any biters. I'm available if you have any questions about it. I am going to fund raise and participate, either through Woodbrook or Adamson's Karate (more likely both), and it is always a great time. It's like a big party--just bring your camp chairs and keep someone from your team on the track at all times. It takes place at the Carmel High School football stadium. It's always a very neat experience, and I'm sure this year will be no exception.

2 comments:

Ally said...

I had so much fun at Relay for Life last year!! I hope I will be able to do it again this year!!

Jeff said...

I hope you can too! I missed you last year because of the storm that swept in while I was gone. Hope you're having fun in sixth grade.