Monday, September 12, 2011

Warp Speed Ahead

This week we're beginning our guided reading groups. In these groups, we will be reading about everything between volcanoes to movie special effects to a short saga on an alien planet. I talked to the kids today about what they're to be doing during those times--the partner reading, the word work, etc., and they seem to get it. Let's just say that I'm thankful we have several hands on deck during those times mostly.

Here are my spelling words for this week:

athlete
awhile
complete
compose
decide
escape
parade
produce
dilute
feline
guide
microscope

There is a Social Studies test tomorrow. Make sure your kids go over their study guide tonight--quiz them on it.

As Ms. Mellinger starts to take over more and more of the school day, expect for a lot of the online stuff to start getting done as I go through the online Everyday Math, the TCI (Social Studies), etc.

I hope everyone has a great week. Hard to believe this is our sixth week of school! Today as I was setting up the Math stuff online, I realized as I put in the days that we had breaks and field trips, just how chopped up the fifth grade still is. It's not as bad as it used to be, but it's still not unlike Swiss cheese. I told the kids today that we really need to squeeze every last drop of learning out of this school year that we can, while we can.

Oh, yeah! The camp meeting is WEDNESDAY NIGHT at 7:00, normally in the cafeteria.

Don't forget to ask if you have any questions. Later!

No comments: