Monday, September 5, 2011

Out of the Demo, Into the Fully Functional

Hello there! I hope everyone had an awesome weekend of good times and great friends and family. I'm still in shock over the difference between Saturday and today. We got the full treatment between sweltering and breezy cool, didn't we?

Well, the kids are in for some good, educational times this week. Over the next few days, we're going to be working on persuasive writings, reading yet another take on the Cinderella story, tell our own stories in a rather unconventional form in Social Studies, and learn a little something about Latin stems in lieu of a typical Spelling list this week.

As for my Math class, we will be continuing our look at enormous and miniscule numbers this week. Ms. Mellinger has officially taken over my Math class for the foreseeable, but I am going to be working with a small group from that already smallish class, at least for this week.

Hope everyone has a terrific week. I'm proud to say that I am now able to walk around without crutches. My air cast is still on, and my foot still needs to be wrapped, but hopefully both of those requirements will be dissipated by the end of the next couple weeks.

No comments: