Thursday, September 1, 2011

But It's Not Going to Stop

First off: My math class did an EXCELLENT job on their test for chapter 1! Wow, was I ever amazed as I sat and graded those babies. Wow, I couldn't be much happier. Mrs. Mellinger took over Math starting today. It's going to be great having another pair of hands around for awhile.

Tomorrow is the big day for the state presentations! This is always one of my favorite projects. It's a great way to start off the year.

Another great thing about this last week: Mrs. Raasch coming in and helping us get our Writer's Workshop started. This is just the kind of kick-start I needed to become a better teacher of writing. This should be a very well-read and well-written class by May of 2012.

A great big shout-out goes to Mrs. Thompson, grandmother of 5-1 student Reese H., who came in today to start volunteering with us once a week for the morning. Mrs. Thompson is a former teacher who taught in Hammond, Indiana. Her help will be most welcome in the 5-1 world!

Not only am I thankful to all these helpers, but also to our aids and resource teachers and Instructional Assistants: Mrs. Wampler, Mrs. Cullen, Mrs. Appelsies, and Mrs. Johnson. The teaching in 5-1 this year is truly a group effort, and I could not be more appreciative.

And while I'm at it, can I just give some big-time raise-the-roofing to our very own Nurse Barb? She has been so good to me this week as I've been trying to mend my foot/ankle. She is just one of those rare people on this planet who is in a great mood even when she has every right to be in a bad mood. If it wasn't for her, I could have had a really bad week this week. Instead, I've had the best week yet this school year--despite having a busted ankle. I have a new appreciation for what she does every day after being down there a bit more than usual this week. We are darn lucky to have her as a part of the Woodbrook Family.

I hope everyone has some R&R planned for the long weekend. Add value to your families this weekend, guys! Always add value.

No comments: