Monday, September 26, 2011

Mistaken for Strangers

Bullet Point Monday:
  • A huge thanks goes out to Mrs. Gans, Anna's mom, who came in today to help out in Language Arts. Parent volunteers are always welcome in 5-1, and there is always something to be done. As a teacher, you find that you don't always have enough arms to take care of every little detail, so extra sets are more than welcome.
  • I notice a couple of full mailboxes here at the back of the classroom. For their sake, I will take pity on them and write the spelling words here so that they can complete their assignment for tomorrow: Chicago, Connecticut, December, Japanese, Latin, Thanksgiving, Titanic, Wednesday, Australia, Caesar, Europe, and Fahrenheit. Yes, these are all proper nouns! I told my students this morning that I don't really care for spelling lists like this, much like one in the spring which is all abbreviations, but hey, that's life. (Those with a modified list received theirs last Friday.)
  • Another thank you goes out to Mrs. Alexander, Christian's mom, who visited last Friday to volunteer. She was the one who made all the extra copies of the camp forms for those students who had misplaced theirs, so they (and we) all have her to thank for that one. Thank you so much, Mrs. A!

4 comments:

Mona said...

hey Mr.c i havent talk to you in a while. just stopped by to say hey

Jeff said...

Hope middle school is going well, Mona! Thanks for checking in!

Mona said...

Welcome. How i put it is im always on my feet

Kate A said...

I agree Mona, there is never a dull moment in middle school. I have gotten better in my keyboarding skills beacuse I typed this entire thing without looking!
I miss you Mr. C!