Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Times Like These

Griffin and Brooke: Sorry your entry got cut short. I promise that as soon as we have a day that is not packed to the gills, you can do an entry. Of course, that also means everyone will have to be good...

I told the kids about their book report biography project today. I told them to TAKE NOTES because this was an assignment I wanted them to do on their own. Ask them about it, and if they don't have all the details, have them come and ask me for clarification tomorrow. Their explanation to you should include the words "poster board", "panels", "drawing", and "title panel".

The kids are to wear RED, WHITE, and BLUE tomorrow! It's the Veteran's Day program tomorrow and my class, along with Mrs. Shearman's class and with a little help from the Woodbrook Student Council, is putting it on for the class. We are really looking forward to hearing Mr. Spencer give his talk and hear the kids give their WELL-PRACTICED (hint-hint) lines tomorrow.

I taught the kids to add fractions today. First of all, I taught them how to do it the old-fashioned way, which is how I learned. (Have them demonstrate--we did this again and again and again in class today.) After that, I showed them a new and modern way of doing it. Reaction to both was positive, and I am encouraging the kids to do it whichever way they want. I showed them that we get the same answer through both methods. We did both of them many times in class, so hopefully they will be able to demonstrate both ways.

One more FYI: I will not be here on Friday. I have two doctor's appointments, so I will be off that day. I will be giving the kids strict instructions on their behavior before the end of the day tomorrow.

No comments: