Monday, November 15, 2010

Cheers from Camp T

Here's an e-mail I received last week from Mr. Tom Elliott, who works up at Camp Tecumseh. I worked with Tom during my last few years there, and we were even cabin partners during his first summer. (And he's one of several British co-counselors I had over the years, interestingly enough. Maybe I come off as an Anglophile or something.)

Hi Jeff,
Thanks for the link, I checked it out over the weekend and there are some great comments on there. Feedback like this is always encouraging for us to hear and know that it's having the effect we are striving for. I actually shared it with everyone at camp this morning at the meeting. Sometimes we get caught in the routine of doing things and forget that our goal is to change lives on a daily basis. Things like this help keep us focused on that goal. I think Mongoose and Rayn are going to get on there this afternoon to post a comment.


Thanks again for sending the link, it's great to see how much the students got from it. Thanks as always for bringing everyone out, it's always great to see you back.
Take care.

Hey, Thomas, get Rayn and Mongoose to leave us comments like you said! Maybe it's too hard or something. And you didn't even sign off with "Cheers" like you used to...have we Americanized you that much in eleven years?

Anyway, I do remember one of my favorite things working at camp is when you'd receive letters from students after they've returned. We might have to do that soon. I think it would be neat to see what the kids have taken away from it a month later or something like that.

Cheers!

No comments: