Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Switcheroo

What a crazy day yesterday was--but we at least got almost everything in that I wanted to get in.

We're going to try mixing it up a little bit with Mrs. Shearman's class for this next reading project--she's going to take all of the girls and I'm going to take all of the boys and we're going to do our reading groups that way. Mrs. Shearman is something of an expert on "books for girls" and the way they read them, and I wrote an extensively-researched paper on books for boys when I was in grad school. This won't be a f0r-the-rest-of-the-year thing, but we're going to try it for one book. I'm pretty excited about it.

The kids sloppy copy for the three main body portions of their persuasive essays will be due on Friday. It is my hope to get them completely edited over the weekend and back in their hands by Monday for the final drafts. The final drafts will be due sometime before Thanksgiving.

Tomorrow we go to the symphony at the high school--this is the Carmel Symphony Orchestra, so it is always a great performance.

No comments: