Thursday, November 18, 2010

Little Pouches Are a Thing of the Past

I took on the role of the KGB today with the tops of the kids' desks. Some of them have been slowly starting to look like miniature playgrounds, and so I've told them that everything needs to come off of them other than their name tags. We have more than enough distractions without the kids trying to make baskets into miniature hoops on top of their desks, and the sides of their desks need to be cleared off of "cute little pouches" to hold their dollars and little paper clips too. I told them today, "This is not your bedroom."

Also, we're going to have a math test next Tuesday. I'll give the kids a rough outline of what's going to be on it, but more specific information will be given in class, so they will have to take notes to get the full idea of what to expect on it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

some kids will have trouble with this mr carter

Viva said...

I haven't been on hear for years!
P.S. Mr. Shriver was the best student teacher ever he remembered my birthday, well i guess it said on facebook and i'm not sure if you remember this but i told you last year that every single year i have had a sub on my birthday besides 5th grade, well i had another sub this year

Jeff said...

Viva: Sorry I didn't wish you a Happy Birthday, but I go on Facebook very rarely these days. So please know that Mr. Shriver was indeed the better man, but that I also hope you had a great b-day.

Anonymous: Yeah, but I assume everyone will survive.

Anonymous said...

nick and viva and elf were here

Jeff said...

I thought I felt your presence.