Sunday, February 19, 2017

Mr. President Goes To Washington


There is one Dan Gutman book that I love, and yet still haven't read to the kids yet. The first book by Mr. Gutman that I read was The Kid Who Ran For President. I still plan to read this to them eventually, probably after the new one that I'm reading now.

It does a really great job of explaining the electoral college, the laws involved in becoming president, and the way the general public is actually pretty dumb and easily manipulated. It was written back at the turn of the century, and it holds true still.

This is a great book, and I thought I'd share this on this Presidents Day weekend. There is also a sequel, The Kid Who Became President, which I have never read because I like how the first one ends. I may have to change that up this year, if only out of curiosity.

No comments: