Monday, February 29, 2016

Wheels Within Wheels

Well, the walls are covered up with large brown pieces of paper. The kids' electronic devices are boxed up and in the cabinet and out of sight for the day.* The teachers have been warned about the ISTEP police; the kids have been told that these men in black are actually real. I am locking my room any time I use the restroom or run to make copies, even though the kids aren't here.

Yes, it's ISTEP time.

As much as I would love to have a photo of the class while they are taking the test to share with you here, my phone is also contraband. Actually, I don't even want to know what would happen if I were to take a picture of anyone taking the ISTEP test in the first place. I think I would probably have to seek asylum in the Soviet Union.

I'm trying hard to let the kids just take this as stress-free as possible, while stressing that they also need to do their best. It's like walking a tightrope.

Anyway, please just make sure the kids get plenty of sleep. I'm personally recommending they sleep about fifteen hours or so per night. That should be enough.

Happy ISTEP! (He said through gritted teeth.)

*A special thank you goes out to everyone who just kept them at home--that actually helps greatly. Please don't take this as an indictment of anyone who sent them in, it's just less of a hassle.

No comments: