Monday, February 15, 2016

Fantastic Distraction



Right now at Woodbrook, the students are working on something called "Hour of Code" during computer lab. This is an exciting thing for the kids. I went to a program at the Sycamore School back in October that was hosted by coder and graphic novelist Gene Luen Yang (seen in the video), and while I know absolutely nothing about anything code-like, I did at least learn how binary numbers work from it.

That's why I'm happy that WB is participating in this. I have no idea what I'm doing around a computer, but the kids will need to know much more than me when they are my age. It's an exciting thing to see the U.S. education system (even Indiana's...now that's saying something) doing its best to ready our kids to be able to compete and cooperate with the rest of the world.

Check it out. It will get you excited for what the future could bring.

No comments: