Tuesday, February 16, 2016

From Shakespeare To Science Labs

Tomorrow I'm hoping to get in to some experiments with the Science unit. It's all about matter in its different forms and the characteristics of liquids, solids, and gases. I told the kids that this is a unit that they will also have next year, but I'm going to try to make it as different as humanly possible.

We will have a quiz this Friday over the material I presented today. The kids did take notes in their Science Notebooks, but I will send home a copy of my notes today. It should be pretty easy. I want to take as many grades as I can for Science since we only have a unit occasionally.

We will also have a quiz over Caesar's English on Friday. The kids will not need to know how to spell the words, but they will need to now their meanings. A packet is going home today that needs to be turned in completed on Thursday.

Today in class we also learned about the life of a vaquero, or cowboy, in our Crab Books. Our Word of the Day today was sodden.

Things you can ask your child today:
  • In what situation might you speak William Shakespeare's quote from A Midsummer Night's Dream, "O long and tedious night! Abate thy hours!"?
  • What do water molecules do when they are in the form of ice, what do they do when they are water, and what do they do when they are in gas form?
Have a great Tuesday evening, folks!

No comments: