Saturday, February 13, 2016

House Party U.S.A.




First of all, I really want to thank Mrs. Hostrawser, Mrs. Fuertges, Mrs. Moriarity, and then also Mrs. Croner, Mrs. Wood, and Mrs. Maniaci for all stepping in to help with yesterday's party. It was a fun time. All potential problems that could have come as a result of the balloons stayed at bay, and life was good. The kids always look forward to events like this, and it's fun for me too.

I realized yesterday that what the people in charge of the over-arcing fifth grade party plan were going for was a big "Prom-posal" moment with the announcement being read out loud. While I'm sorry the kids didn't provide that magical moment, but I hope you understand that they are just fifth graders right now. They will be really excited by it as the day of the end-of-year party approaches. I don't think they all knew that we've had so many years of just having something at the school and not being able to go anywhere else, and that this is a pretty sizable shift. Plus, the kids were mainly looking forward to the immediate reward--diving into their candy!

Thank you so much to everyone who was involved in not only this, but in all of the PTO programming. Woodbrook is incredibly lucky to have such supportive parents. (More to come on that front!) And PLEASE, somebody, tell me if I have forgotten a mom who volunteered yesterday--I kept thinking there was another one, but no matter how many times I looked at my class photo, I couldn't come up with who it was.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

House parties are quite common these days but this one seems to be a blast. I am really excited for a dance party thrown by my cousin at one of splendid LA venues next month. He has also booked best catering in the city.

ابو اسر said...

شركة رش مبيدات حشرية بطرابلس
شركة تسليك مجاري بطرابلس
شركة صيانة افران الغاز بطرابلس
شركة تنظيف بطرابلس
شركة تنظيف كنب بطرابلس