Monday, February 1, 2016

Like Something That Seeks Its Level

Ahhh. Good day today.

We read about the Pantanal region in Brazil in our reading books. We did a mini-lesson on proper adjectives (like Swiss cheese, American flag, or Canadian bacon). We also began reading a rather grim chapter in our Social Studies books regarding slavery in Europe and the early colonies.

One child raised his hand and asked if we would be doing Science again soon. I told him that I am trying to get them to a good spot before we get to more Science, but the more I think about it, the more I get that itch to do stuff like that. I think we may go ahead and take a break from Social Studies when we are finished with chapter 8.

My math class began a new chapter and with that came new Math Journals, reciprocals, and multiplying fractions. I gave them the final Math Box fill-in page from the old Math Journal and Study Link 6.1 for homework tonight.

As far as I know, that's life. We don't have Caesar's English this week. All the kids have for homework tonight is 20 minutes of reading and whatever math they have.

Hope everyone has a good evening.

No comments: