Monday, December 16, 2013

If Fields Where They Lay

I posted those two videos last night of The Genius Files. Tonight I'm going to post my second of my "Nights of Christmas" videos.

Tonight I'm going to put one of my favorite Christmas stories ever. Now, of course I grew up loving Rudolph, A Christmas Story, It's a Wonderful Life, and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Charlie Brown's Christmas Special, and most recently, Elf, but this one yanks at my heart strings.

It's the only episode of The Andy Griffith Show to deal with Christmas. As hard as that is to believe, I think that this one was just so good that they couldn't compete with it. It captures the Christmas spirit better than just about anything I've ever seen, heard, or read.

Call me a sap. It doesn't get any better than this.


No comments: