Thursday, November 10, 2011

Young Patriots; Kimono Dragons

This morning we were treated to a pretty fascinating display of sound by a one-man show called "Marimba Mania". He was a very colorful guy who made frequent costume changes. I looked up one time and he was wearing color-splattered pants, the next time I looked up he was wearing a kimono with a head-wrap. He was very talented. I can't say I've ever heard a marimba solo in my life, but this was pretty cool.

The kids seem to all be ready for the Veterans' Day program tomorrow. We still have the matter of getting the flags ready (as well as the flag-holders), but that's all good. We still have about 21 hours to finish preparing this thing! I told the kids this morning why this was such an important thing. I told them that these men have gone to war in our place, and that they have seen things that no one would ever want to see--as well as things that I hope they will never see. They took this to heart, and I truly believe that they are going to give their best tomorrow. I hope everyone can come and see this presentation.

No comments: