Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Vanishing and the Strife

Today we read through the rest of the book The Lost Colony by Lee Miller. It's the book about the island of Roanoke and John White's startling discovery that they had all vanished by the time he got back--three years later--without the supplies he had promised them. I love reading them stuff like this, because it shows that what is just a snippet of information in their Social Studies book has an elaborate back story to it. In this case, the mystery of why the people left remains unsolved, but we did have in interesting time with conjecture after I finished reading it today. Ask your child this evening what they thought about it; I loved reading it to them.

4 comments:

Griffin Gonzalez said...

Best book ever if I can say so my self doesn't everyone agree

Jeff said...

Good to know you're reading the blog, Griffin! Even if you're not a parent, it's good to know that at least I'm not just talking to myself on here.

And I totally agree--I love this book!

Griffin Gonzalez said...

its cool mr.c its better than looking at middle school HW pages

Ally Langston said...

I totally agree with you griffin!! I loved that book!