Monday, November 14, 2011

Mystery Island

There is a math test on Friday! I told the kids last Friday that I would hand out a study guide on Wednesday, we would go over it together in class on Thursday, and then Friday would be the test. Tomorrow I'll be going over quadrilaterals with the class, so hopefully they will all be ready by Friday with no big questions left lingering.

In Social Studies today, we started reading a book called Roanoke: The Mystery of the Lost Colony. This is one of my favorite subjects of history to teach on because it is a very interesting story filled with greed and people doing very bad things. The book is by Lee Miller, who also has a grown-up book about the same subject. I recommend both.

I received this from Mrs. Davis yesterday:

Mr. Carter,

I would like to thank you and your students for a touching and well done tribute to Veteran’s Day on Friday. Veteran’s Day is such an important day in our country and by making sure that we have a program every year, our Woodbrook Lions learn so much.

I was very proud of all of you!

Mrs. Davis

No comments: