Thursday, November 3, 2011

Rocket's Red Glare

Quickie today:
  • We went to the Carmel Symphony Orchestra at the high school this morning. The conductor and the orchestra did a fantastic job of keeping it entertaining to the kids while informing them about the different families of instruments. Before long, it will be time for the middle school orchestra and band leaders to come to Woodbrook for the kids to "try on" their instruments for next year.
  • Tomorrow we begin working on the Veteran's Day program. Looking forward to that one. It's a perk of being in Mr. Carter's class. When I first started at Woodbrook eleven years ago, Mr. Akin told me that it was always the duty of the newest teacher at WB to do the Veteran's Day program. Despite many hirings since then, it has remained in my lap. I don't mind, though, to be honest. It's a good learning experience for the kids.

4 comments:

Sophia Gripp said...

I think you should tell all your students to play the oboe. Did you know that there is a 3@2 book to the giver! They are Gathering blue and The messanger. Or something like that. I tryed out for the Pups volleyball team and made the cut for the 1 team. Yesterday in gym we played lacross and I got the winnd nocked out of me for like 15seconds. I had a circular mark right below my ribs. Its almost gone now I can barley see it. The debut concert is coming up on the 10 nov. thats when I play. Come take your students to. tell them I said hi. I dont think i know any of them. you will have to go onlene to find the time. Well this is a really long thing/paper/log blog thing. So glad I can type!
You dont have to go to the concert you know. See you some time I cant really say when!

Brooke Ackerman said...

Oh im love the giver a relly great book

Sophia Gripp said...

Yea It is really good. I do not like spanish. They expect us to learn so much in such a short pieriod of time.

Jeff said...

That's awesome, ladies! Brooke, I'm glad you like The Giver. Sophia, I'll send your regards to the class and thank you for the invitation to the concert. I actually teach karate that night, though! Sorry. I'll catch a show sometime, though. I'll bet you guys sound awesome.