Sunday, November 27, 2011

High Five

Five things you need to know for this week:
  1. We have a short field trip to the high school on Tuesday for the planetarium. This ties in with the science unit on astronomy that we're beginning tomorrow. Yes, you read that right: We are starting science tomorrow! Speaking of which...
  2. I have a science training at Carmel Clay HQ on Thursday. It is an all-day training, and I will not be in school that day. Mrs. Weghorst, former Woodbrook teacher and now retiree, will be taking the helm that day. The fact that she has my class that day makes me very happy and very relaxed.
  3. After lunch on Friday, I have a conference at Clay Middle School, so my Math class will have someone filling in that day until I get back. That day I am planning on giving a quiz in Math on percentages, the topic for this week.
  4. We will be having reading theme test 6 on Thursday. On Friday, we will be having the spelling test.
  5. Look back at #1. Yeah, you haven't seen a permission slip come home on that yet. I think we forgot about it because of the short week last week. It will be coming home on Monday, but remember that the trip is on Tuesday. If your child does not bring it back signed on Tuesday, he or she will not be going on that trip. We have no choice. Make sure you get it and sign it on Monday night, or no trip to the high school!

No comments: