Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Sudden Return of the Unreliable Narrator

Summer winds down very very soon. I really dragged my feet on getting my classroom put together, but I have to admit that I feel much better with it all finished. My reading corner is all finished, and I also received a nice donation of a rolling bookshelf from Mrs. Stephenson. Even though I haven't met most of my new students, I have written their names all down about a dozen times already for various things--cubbies, bulletin board, mailboxes, desk name tags, sticks of destiny, attendance sticks, etc.

To my new students: Welcome to my class! It is my intention to make sure that this will be one of the best years you will ever spend in school.

To my old students: Enjoy middle school, old friends! Come back and visit and keep on doing good work over at Clay.

3 comments:

Mona said...

I just might go to the ice cream social

Debbie Wallack said...

Mr. Carter,
Ian and Lily certainly wish that you were going to Clay with them! I know they will be comparing their teachers against their fabulous year with you! I am positive that they will be conspiring about ways to get into Woodbrook to visit you. LOL

Jeff said...

:) Thanks, Debbie! They're welcome back any time. I'm sure they'll have some great teachers over there (even though they'll inevitably come up lacking when compared to me, I'm sure! LOL). Have a great school year!