Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Letters From Readers

Today I talked with the kids about writing a letter back to me about the book they're reading right now. They will do this every Wednesday. I was pretty impressed with what I've seen so far. They wrote a lot more than I thought they would! I had put an example letter on the overhead both yesterday and today, and they wrote very much in that vein. You'd think that I would have learned to model the work that I want from them long ago, having taught for ten years previous to this one, but hey, better late than never!

Tomorrow the kids have their meaning exercise due as well as reading for 20 minutes. Expect some social studies homework tomorrow as well as studying for the spelling test and the quiz over the continents and oceans.

Hope everyone has made it over the hump nicely this week.

No comments: