Monday, August 29, 2011

Sprained or Strained, Both Contain a Long A

I seriously messed up my ankle during karate tonight. I will be hobbling tomorrow!

Here's the spelling list for this week unless you have Mrs. Wampler's list:

abrupt
crater
expectation
scramble
alphabet
adventure
capacity
famine
avenue
raccoon
cabbage
different

Right now, I'm almost done reading I Was a Rat. This is always the book I start off reading to the class, and I have a full line-up of books to read out loud to the kids this year. Ms. Mellinger is actually going to take on the next one and has her book all picked out.

Ms. Mellinger will be phasing into her full teaching over the next few weeks, but I will still be in and out of the classroom and taking groups of students or individuals to work with them.

8 comments:

Erin said...

Wow, that sounds painful...hope it heals soon.

We really enjoy reading your blog and sharing in what Vaughn has done for the day!

Vaughn says Hiiiii! or Hi Ya" :) and Thanks for being a "cool" teacher.

Erin & Karl Niemiec

This was written with the permisson of Vaughn. :)

Will said...

what did the doctor say about your ankle?

Mona said...

Hope your ankle gets better

Ally said...

I hope your ankle is ok!!!! I loved reading the book I Was a Rat it was so good!!!

Jeff said...

Erin & Karl: Thanks so much! Glad to know people are reading this and enjoying class. Glad Vaughn gave you his permission. :)

Will: Doctor told me to keep off it for awhile. Hope y'all don't mind being my servants in the meantime. :)

Mona: Me too!

Ally: I always forget how great the ending of that book is until I get to it. It's really well written. We'll see about the ankle. Thanks!

Kate said...

hope your ankle feels better!

Jeff said...

Thanks, Kate! Hope you're having a great year!

Kate said...

I love middle school but I still miss Woodbrook enjoy Labor Day!