Monday, August 15, 2011

Escape Artists

We started our spelling today. I handed out my first list and modeled for the students how write definitions for each one. I notice, though, that there are a few spelling lists that were put into their mailboxes that they didn't take with them. For those students' sake, I will put those lists here, so that they can write them down on a sheet of paper along with the definitions so that they will have their work finished tomorrow when they walk in the door.

Mr. Carter's Spelling List:
  1. adopt
  2. bandage
  3. budget
  4. closet
  5. hollow
  6. rapid
  7. rustic
  8. special
  9. weapon
  10. whimper
  11. cylinder
  12. success
Mrs. Wampler's Spelling List:
  1. adopt
  2. bandage
  3. budget
  4. closet
  5. hollow
  6. rapid
  7. special
  8. weapon
  9. men
  10. say
  11. small
  12. tall
Hope to see everyone at Meet the Teacher Night tomorrow night at 7:30 right here in this classroom!

We also discussed geography, the Revolutionary War (in reading class), and my Math class discussed things means, medians, and modes as well as stem and leaf plots. Oh, and let's not forget fire drills, tornado drills, earthquake drills, and lock-down drills. (I used my other expertise to teach my students how to escape from a person trying to take them by the arm today. Have them show you!)

No comments: