Saturday, August 27, 2011

I've Been Everywhere, Man, I've Been Everywhere

I messed up on Thursday. I had the rubrics for the state project in my hands, I showed them to the kids under the overhead projector, and I talked them through each one. The one thing I didn't do was hand them out. Now they have been handed out, but I'm going to toss them up on here now as well, just in case they didn't make it home.

On the actual physical state (done entirely in class):

State name: 5 points
State nickname: 5 points
Postal abbreviation: 5 points
Statehood number: 5 points
Capital: 5 points
Major cities: 5 points
Major rivers: 5 points
Two main products: 10 points
One physical feature: 5 points
Famous person: 5 points

Creativity: 15 points
Neatness: 15 points
Accuracy: 15 points

Total: 100 points


ORAL REPORT

Appropriate voice level that is easily understood without being obnoxious: 20 points
Content: 40 points
Eye contact: 20 points
Appearance: 20 points

Total: 100 points


I will also give a full 100 point grade based on how they act as a respectful audience member. This goes into their Social Studies grade because they are teaching each other through this project.

No comments: