Friday, August 21, 2009

Sky Blue Sky

Today we had our first "typical Friday". We graded DOLs, we had a spelling test, and the kids are really ready for the weekend.

I told them that they have a book report that is due next Monday. I think I am going to change it to next Wednesday (September 2) instead, because I didn't get a chance to talk them through it today. It's not hard or particularly time-consuming; it's just that I wanted them to know my expectations before they start doing it.

EVENTS for next week...
Tuesday: Caesar's English Quiz and States and Capitals (the western states)
Friday: Spelling Test

As I said above, we did grade DOLs today. We had an alarming amount of people who didn't have them turned in. Okay, so there were only about three, but we will grade these every Friday. I told the kids that they have to have them turned in on time, because we grade them together. Also, they learned the hard way that if they didn't have their name on the top of it, it was still going to be ten points off. Ten points off a paper that is only worth 35 points is...not good. Anyway, it's the first week of DOLs, and they will learn very quickly. I expect next week will be much different.

Have a great weekend! Looks like it's going to be a pretty one.

Mr. C

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mr. Carter rules! He gives out just the right amount of homework. He is my favorite teacher I have had yet.

Kirby Fleitz

Jeff said...

Kirby, thank you so much!

You're a pretty great kid yourself. Keep working hard and stay awesome.

Mr. C