Thursday, August 13, 2009

Location Location Location

One of the things we talked about today was orienteering to a specific location. We studied the globe and talked about longitude and latitude, ways of describing where they are located in the room, and the purpose of knowing exactly where you are in the world. Of course, we talked about "where you are in the world" in the literal sense--we don't normally get too metaphysical in my class, haha.

For homework tonight, I asked the kids to read for thirty minutes, and I also asked them to write out five ways they can become healthier. We read about this today from our Health books, so they shouldn't have much problem coming up with these.

One last thing; I received BIG compliments on how well behaved my class was during Music today. I was taking the kids out to the buses when Mrs. Ratner stopped me and told me about what a nice crew of kids I have. I told her I knew that already, but it's always a good thing when you hear it come from another teacher.

No comments: