Thursday, August 20, 2009

Fill In the Blank

Tomorrow is the first spelling test of the school year. I showed the kids today what this would look like. I will give them six of the words for the front of the test, and then they will have to write them in the correct blanks. (I'll have sentences with blank spaces in them on the front too, and that's what they'll have to fill in.)

Then on the back page, there are six words that they'll have to write their own sentences for.

This is really hard to explain. After the weekend, the kids will get them back and you'll have a better idea of what I'm talking about. The thing that's different is that they have to know the definitions as well as the spelling of each word.

It was really good to see and meet everyone last night. I'm not completely sure, but I think we had 100% representation last night. I'm pretty sure that's a first. Bravo to you all!

My plan is to start posting pictures of the kids and their work and projects and stuff like that on the blog, so if there is anyone in my class whose parents don't want the child's picture online, please make sure and tell me.

That's it for now! The time is starting to blow by pretty quickly now that we're at the end of the first full week. Hard to believe.

No comments: