Tuesday, August 11, 2009

2009/2010 Go!

Great first day! I can already tell this class is going to be a lot of fun. While it will probably be a few more days before the "real" personalities are out there, sometimes you can just get a good feeling early on, and this class is going to be a good one.

I did give them the same first-day spiel that I always give my classes. We operate as a family in 5-1. Families don't always get along, but they do look out for each other.

Looking forward to the kids getting into the new routines--and hoping I remember to go over all of them! You don't realize how much of your classroom atmosphere is specific to your class until you try to explain everything right away. It will take a little time, and I'm more than willing to give them the time to do it.

They all seemed pretty pumped about going to Camp Tecumseh in October! Probably not quite as excited as I am, but that would be pretty difficult.

Tomorrow we start Math!

No comments: