Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Chaos Begins Now

Things are always happening around here! That's what you get when you have a teacher who has been around this barnyard a couple times and knows how to pace out the year a bit better. I've found that the only way to pace out the year in a way that allows you to get everything done is to never ever stop. (Okay, we will occasionally...but only for short periods.)

The kids found out today that they are going to have speeches next week on their state projects. I told them they could bring in props and costumes.

Spelling test on Friday, and a Math test (for my Math class only) next Tuesday. I will give them a study guide (it shouldn't be bad at all) tomorrow. Also, we have those four states and capitals (Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and Oklahoma) on Friday.

We learned a bit about George Washington Carver (i.e. the smartest man ever to live) today. It was the first in our "People of Character" project for this year. My brain got pumping on this one earlier today, and I'm getting excited about it. As your child about GWC, about the Sioux Indians, and also if they know where to find the zenith of a mountain.

Oh, and please be thinking about JD, a guy from my hometown who just got some really sad news. I normally don't put stuff like this on my blog, but this really got to me this week. Our time is precious: don't spend too much of it stressing on homework. Some things are more important.

No comments: