Monday, August 10, 2009

Castles in the Air

Everyone I show my new class list to tells me that this is a wonderful class. This is the same thing I heard last year, and they were absolutely right. So my hopes are high.

Of course, being the night before school, I can't sleep. I'm taking solace in the fact that my teacher friends from all over the United States (with a few overseas)--and they are legion--tell me that it's normal to be nervous before your first day. In fact, more than one of them have told me that it would be abnormal if I wasn't nervous, so that makes me feel much better.

The name tags are on the desks and the cubbies. Last minute changes have been made. The lessons have been set for the next two weeks (and undoubtedly will also change). I'm as ready as I'll be. I figure your kids are the same way.

It's good to be back.

No comments: