Friday, March 23, 2018

The Un-Selfies


Students, parents, and teachers- Unfortunately I received the below email from Gleaners. Looks like the weather is not going to cooperate. Really bummed because we had 35 students that wanted to go as well as 28 willing parent volunteers. I love that we had so many interested. I don't think we will be able to reschedule since we booked this 6 months in advance and Gleaner's fills months in advance. My family has volunteered in the food pantry and I hope that if you get the chance, that you will try to volunteer there some other time. Thanks.  
Tina Fleming

Hello,
Due to forecasted inclement weather, Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana will be closed on Saturday, March 24th.

Please inform all of your volunteers that we have cancelled the volunteer sessions for this weekend.  We are sorry for the inconvenience, but the safety of our volunteers, clients and staff is our main priority and we want to give everyone enough time to spread the word!

Bummer! This is one of my favorite things of the year! Well, I at least wanted to shout out Sam, Taiylor, Ava, Wyatt, Rafael, Evelyn, Kiarra, Alex, and Connor for being un-selfies and volunteering tomorrow. Plus their awesome parents, who were also going along with us. You people make the world a better place.

We need to figure out something like that to do this summer.

No comments: