Thursday, March 22, 2018

Disappointment on a Thursday Afternoon

Unfortunately, our day did not end on a high note. During the third grade musical, I had group of students who were all sitting together who were laughing loudly and making fun of the third grade soloist. There were multiple outbursts, and Mrs. Callahan and Mrs. Sommers had to get involved because I was sitting behind two other talkative students at the time. Also unfortunately, the kids went to recess right after the musical, and came back in right before getting on the bus. We will have to wait until tomorrow before I am able to discuss this with those kids, but the kids should know that this type of behavior is absolutely unbecoming of a fifth grader, and especially a 5-1 student. I told them that I was completely embarrassed and that I will talk with them tomorrow. I told them that I would try to speak with those kids alone, because it is not something that everyone was doing--but it was a significant enough portion of them that I felt the need to say something about it on here.

Before that, we had a pretty decent day. We had Math lessons on interest and tipping and taxes, we did an introductory lesson on prepositions and prepositional phrases, and we read more of the Flashback Four's trip to the Titanic.

Have a good evening.