Thursday, August 31, 2017

Generation Exit

To the parents of the kids in my math class: I am floored by how well your kids have done with some of the recent material. Today, we did our first open response lesson. An open response lesson asks the kids to reply to a real-world problem. So far, this seems to be the fifth (sixth) grade equivalent to finite math.

If your students are keeping up with things (and I have yet to believe that any of them have not), then their brains are incredibly awesome.

Today's open response question had to do with contract negotiations and persuasive graphs to help win people over to each side of the problem--the employers and the employees. We did today's open response lesson together, and we will continue it tomorrow, to help them get used to these response questions and problems.

This is new ground for me. I can only imagine what it's like for them.

Wow.

No comments: