Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Carson

Happy Birthday to Mr. Carson!

I really wish I had had more time to get to know Carson before doing his birthday post (after all, my last birthday post of last year was less than two weeks ago), but I am happy that I get to do one this soon in the school year. Also, I am happy that at least I got to see his Bio Bag today so that I can say a few words about him.

Here are a couple things about him that I learned today (and realized that we are kindred spirits in many ways)...
  • He loves horror. I don't enjoy horror movies at all (in fact, I avoid them at all costs). But I do love scary stories and horror books and especially comic books. I get why he finds this so enjoyable. This makes him very cool in my eyes. 
  • He is a martial artist! Little did I know that he would know so much about martial arts. He brought his foam nunchucks today (or should I say nunchaku) to share this fact with the class. I love that we have this in common. I told the kids today that they are in the safest room in the building in case of an intruder alert. 
  • He also loves riddles. So do I. 
Carson is brand new to Woodbrook this year, having come to us from nearby Forest Dale. He has come in with a smile and seems to be getting along really well with everyone else in the class. He's only had two days with us! I can't wait to see where you go from here, Carson.

Happy birthday, man! You deserve it!

No comments: