Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Henry

Sorry for the late post, Henry, but I hope you had a happy birthday today! Evidently, Henry's birthday was announced this morning during the announcements, but I glossed right over it and completely forgot about it until the very end of the day, when poor Henry had to remind his teacher that it was his birthday!

Anyway, let me just say that I have enjoyed having Henry in class so much over this past year. Here are the best things about him that come to mind right off the top of my head:
  1. I love his problem-solving, engineering brain. I have no doubt that one day he will be a Purdue Boilermaker (okay, okay, so maybe it's wishful thinking to think that will be his school of choice) changing the world through scientific research and engineering. 
  2. He is so easy to get along with for anyone. He is always so happy and easy-going. He has taught me that there is a fine balance between taking things too seriously and not taking them seriously enough. And the truly important things in life are the ones he takes the most seriously.
  3. I have realized that the disorganized guy who gets all my jokes...there my just be a reason I like this guy so much. 
Henry, you have a wonderful life ahead of you. I wish I could look into the future and hang out with you. In the meantime, in the in-between time, I am just lucky to have you as my student. Everyone in Area 51 is lucky to have you too.

No comments: