Wednesday, June 22, 2016

I Call Him Sparky

Happy Birthday, Josh!

Here he is kissing his championship ring from baseball. I should have gotten a close-up. It's the size of a Superbowl ring, and I'm not exaggerating. While I haven't actually seen him play yet, I think this shows that he is quite a performer on the field. I know he has a good arm because I still recall last fall when he knocked me into the dunking booth at the Main Event.

During the last month of school, I made Josh read up on certain baseball legends like Hank Aaron, Pete Rose, Shoeless Joe Jackson, Roberto Clemente, Johnny Bench, and Sparky Anderson. While he was reading aloud about Sparky Anderson, he read that he got his nickname because "he was full of positive energy that helped motivate the rest of the team."

He looked up after he read that part and said, "That sounds like me."

I couldn't agree more. I even tried to start calling him Sparky, but gave up when he resisted. It doesn't change anything in my mind, though. He is definitely Sparky, and not even he can deny that.

Thank you, Josh, for everything you brought to 5-1 during the 2015-2016 school year. As I always say, you're one of the good ones. Keep on swinging.

No comments: