Saturday, June 4, 2016

Miss Karli


Happy Birthday to Miss Karli! Karli has the honor of being the first of the summer birthdays. As a guy who also has a summer birthday, I can tell you that it is a little bit of a mixed bag--you get to have a birthday where you don't get have to go to school ever, but you're not around all of your friends necessarily on your birthday, either. (And heck, they didn't even do the summer birthdays on the announcements this year! What's up with that?!)

I cannot imagine Karli complaining about this, though. She is the type who is pretty quiet, but always happy. She always did all of her work on time and was always on top of things. She has lots of friends who are much more talkative than she, and that is probably why she is such a nice complement to them. Plus she does have a feisty side that's pretty fun when you get to see it.

One thing I really like about Karli is that I never have had to worry* about who I was going to pair her with during group work or partner work. She can work with anyone, and anyone can work with her. I know she's not the first person I've said that about, but it's no less true.

Karli has a dream of one day owning her own bakery. I would certainly go there if she does. If her cakes and cookies are anywhere nearly as sweet as she is, it's sure to put those little cupcake stores in town right out of business.

I'm sorry your birthday is so rainy and cruddy, Karli, but I'm sure it's better where you are because of your very presence. Happy Birthday! Hope you're having a great summer.

*Sadly, I'm finding myself having a hard time talking about these kids in the past tense. Say it ain't so!

No comments: