Thursday, June 2, 2016

Good Luck Out There



About a week ago, I showed a movie that I always show on the last day of school. The Fantastic Mr. Fox is a Wes Anderson movie (The Royal Tenenbaums, The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou, The Grand Budapest Hotel to name a few of his other films) that was written and created for kids. He uses stop-motion animation, much like the old Rudolph Christmas specials, Gumby, and Davey and Goliath shows that used to show as reruns way back when we were kids.

This is a movie that not too many kids have seen, but almost all of them end up enjoying. I always have a couple of kids draw some pretty deep conclusions about it in the end, or at least notice the little hints and details Anderson adds in the film's conclusion.

Above is not the scene I had intended to show on the blog, but when I googled it, this showed up, and it's another great scene from the movie. I have a poster that shows the wolf with the words "Good Luck Out There" above it hanging in my classroom.

No comments: