Sunday, March 1, 2015

Sock It to Ya


Here is the class reading Friday afternoon during Woodbrook's participation in Read Across America in connection with Dr. Suess's birthday tomorrow. I always forget about panorama! I thought this one turned out pretty cool.

A big thank you goes out to Mrs. Bintrim for getting each of the kids a Dr. Suess eraser (the cool twisting kind) for Dr. Suess's birthday as well. That was awesome. 

Family Fitness Night was last Friday night as well. This was a lot of fun as always, and I had some fun leading the "Everyday Fitness" portion. I really wished Mr. Z had come to my station first instead of last, because he showed me and some kids how to do some awesome exercises with a soup can in each hand. We all had a great time working out, doing all kinds of physical activities and working up a sweat. It was good to see my old 5-1 friends Evan Nuekam and Billy Kepler, as well as some old old 5-1 friends like Alex Baldwin and John Keen.

We eeked out the last of our catch-ups for the ISTEP practices last week, and so we should be all ready to go during this coming week. While it is very important that everybody is at school as much as is humanly possible this week, I know we have a lot of illness going around. I personally have spent about the past day battling a 24-hour stomach bug, and I know very well that I would have been in no shape whatsoever to have been at school. There is a lot going around right now, and I hope everyone can steer clear of whatever is coming down the pike. Remember: push fluids and wash your hands!

No comments: