Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Welcome To the Work Week

In class today, we...
  • Learned more about ocean life--plankton, in particular. 
  • The kids listened for (and wrote down) the nine things that went wrong because of Simon Fernandez's seemingly underhanded ways in the book The Mystery of the Lost Colony, which is all about the lost colony of Roanoke.
  • We went over the BizTown jobs really quickly, but we will continue to go through them tomorrow. Soon, we will be writing resumes and interviewing for our jobs!
I told the class yesterday that next Wednesday, November 12, we will be going to the Palladium to hear the Carmel Symphony Orchestra. I told them that I expect them to dress nicely--I know they all have nice clothes. This is the symphony, not a monster truck show. Look for permission slips to go out very soon...in fact, I'm not sure why they haven't been sent home yet. I will look into that.

Until then...

No comments: