Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Tuesday Morning in America

I have had so many people come to me since earlier today, telling me what a great program we had this morning. I always give all credit to the kids. My job is to pretty much see who wants to do what part, revising the script again and again until everyone is happy, and then practicing with the kids a few times before the big performance. We talk about how all honor and respect goes toward the veterans.

That said, I want to thank those who were up front doing the speaking and singing today. First off, all of the beautiful music came from the Woodbrook fourth grade. The soloists and such all did such an awesome job, led by Mrs. Lindsey Ratner. Thank you, Mrs. Ratner! Also, I want to thank my longtime colleague Mr. Jay Vahle for singing everyone out at the end. He always does such a fantastic job, and has everyone in tears by the end.

The speakers today were Lydia Jones, Jennifer Karakash, Jordyn Callahan, Olivia Belcher, Annie Thompson, Elijah Lane, Charlie Williams, Regan Hadley, P.J. Smart, Colton Brown, Ella Ohrvall, Erik Sveen, Michael Hawkins, Emily Pletcher, Izzy Herider, Ty Harrington, Irene Liang, Jake Reasoner, Meg Shaffer, Chase Arbuckle, Brannick Arbuckle, Emily Garnes, Nicolas Zimmowitch, Will Woodhouse, Maddi Acton, Drew Shea, Luke Harvey, and Andrew Dalton. Thank you all for either volunteering or succumbing to my arm-twisting!

My flag-holders today were Yoshi Yanagida, James Sproull, Turner Stephenson, Kayley Allen, Joe Strines, Aidan Neher, Matthew Pletcher, Sophia Brink, Charlie Gans, Casey Alderman, and Grant Vossler.

These kids and adults all make up my homeroom class, my math class, and a few special friends of ours. I am so thankful to have people like this in my professional life.

Thanks again, everyone. You helped make today very special for so many people who deserve it.

No comments: