Sunday, November 23, 2014

The Fall of Camelot



Normally, I like to do "This Day in History" with the kids each day. Instead, today I want to do "Yesterday in History", because yesterday was the anniversary of the assassination of John F. Kennedy. We all know about the conspiracy theories and the Kennedy curse, but I've stopped a few times to wonder how differently history would have been written had Kennedy not been killed in Dallas during a parade in 1963.

Like so many of you, Kennedy was killed long before I was born. I do know that the day Kennedy was shot is equivalent to 9/11 for most of us.

Kennedy's plan to get the United States to the moon factors greatly into the Nova episode we're still working our way through bit by bit during Science/Social Studies. Even though it was his plan to put the moon missions into place, he never got to see Neil Armstrong's crew land on the there in July of 1969.

His legacy still lives on today.


No comments: