Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Just Now

Sorry for the lack of post yesterday. The good news is that the beginning of the year testing season is now over. Other than the passage of Labor Day, I can't think of a better way to tell us that the beginning of the year is officially over. That's what I'm going to tell myself, anyway.

It's such a great feeling when the kids come in and know right away how we do our attendance, where to turn things in, and all the little details that we work so hard to pound into their little skulls early on. (Heh.) Right now they're in the library helping the first graders learn how to check out a library book.

There is no spelling this week. However, we do have a Latin root this week: pend. This means "to hang or weigh". Words that use pend include pendant, suspenders, suspend, pendulum, impending, independent, and depend. While I won't give an outright quiz or test over this, I will probably give them an exit slip at the end of the week just to make sure they can give me a couple examples.

Best thing about coming off a three-day weekend is that it's the second day of the week and it's already hump day. Hope you're having a good one.

No comments: