Sunday, September 8, 2013

Use It Or Lose It

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

For our field trip to Jameson Camp on October 4, we have two chaperones so far. I'm hoping to get a few more, so if you're interested in the least, please let me know.

I found early on that in order to get everything done in the school year, we have to stay on task and only rarely stray. This is a completely uninterrupted week, so we need to make the most of it. I'm planning to give a take-home test for Social Studies on Wednesday, which will be due on Friday. On Tuesday, I'm going to give the kids a writing assignment that will be due on Thursday. These assignments are in addition to the regular Spelling and Math homework assignments.

Next week, we will get into our regular guided reading, which means this week we will be hitting our twentieth day of school. We work hard during those first twenty days to prepare the kids for their morning routine. Does it feel to anyone else like we've been back in school for far longer than that?

I'll post the spelling list tomorrow. Hope you all have a fantastic week.

No comments: