Thursday, August 29, 2013

Take Courage Tomorrow

Testing update: Friday will be a testing field, that's for sure. However, to soften the blows, I've taken several measures.
  • The Spelling Test tomorrow will happen as normal. We will review the words and their meanings before the test. 
  • I gave the kids copious notes on their Theme Test for tomorrow. They can tell you how that one is going to work!
  • For Math, I gave them a study guide. I don't see it being much harder than the last one. Square numbers, square roots, and prime factorization. 
We had a chance to have part of our Language Arts lesson in the hallway today. We were making lists of the books we'd read, when who walked by other than Dr. Nick Wahl, CCS Superintendent. The kids shared some of their favorite authors and books with Dr. Wahl and he in turn did the same. He said he would pop back in at the end of the year to see if the kids' lists of favorite books had grown.

Man, it it getting warm in the room, so I'm going to have to go now. One more day until a three day weekend! 

2 comments:

ruby said...

I have found a song for Friday Mr Carter! The Beatles Twist and shout. thank you Ferris Bueller

Jeff said...

Sorry, Ruby, but that decision was made a few weeks ago. It's "Here I Go Again" by Whitesnake. Good thought for next year, though!