Monday, April 29, 2013

Reasons To Be Amish

Well, today didn't quite go as planned with our ISTEP testing. A technological glitch of some kind occurred, throwing everything out of whack. As a result, my class didn't have the chance to take part one of the ISTEP test yet, unlike the remainder of the fifth grade.

You should be receiving a message from Carmel Clay Schools. I'm sure that the decision-makers over there will come up with the perfect plan to get everyone right back on track. 

Luckily, I've taught my class to say two things in times like these: "Whatever," and "It's all good!"

In the meantime, 5-1 was afforded the opportunity to have a bit more Science time, wherein we began dissecting owl pellets. It's some tricky business, the excavation of bones. You have to be very careful to pull them out such that they don't break.

We also read about shrinking down in a submarine to alter some DNA in an orange, and returned to out old friends, Coke and Pep. Lastly, we began talking about the Bill of Rights. This chapter is going to lead to some good discussions, I hope.

Anyway, hope everyone has a great day, even if it doesn't quite go as planned.

2 comments:

Suzan sanders said...

laughed out loud at your title!
Ruby asked what was so funny, so I read it aloud to her.
we then made a list of the reasons NOT to be Amish.
"having to chase the horses' was high on the list. (a recent event at my parents house, with their Amish neighbors)
:-)

Jeff said...

Ha!

If I did have to go chasing horses, I would want Ruby helping me. Something tells me she'd have no problem wrangling them right in.