Monday, April 8, 2013

Architecture and Morality

Hope you all had a wonderful spring break! I've already heard from some of the kids about their trips, and they had a lot of questions about mine. I told them I would bring in some pictures tomorrow. I told them that the hardest part of my trip to Germany by far was going to the concentration camp. I was surprised by how much they knew about concentration camps. I spared them the worst parts of it, but to just be in a place where that kind of thing took place was difficult. Nonetheless, I told them that it was definitely worthwhile, and it's an experience I would never want to replace.

We began a new unit today in Science. The unit is all about different types of matter. The kids will be bringing home their Science Notebooks tonight and will be going through your refrigerator to find different kinds of liquids, solids, and maybe even a gas (trying to figure out what gas you might find in there...nothing comes to mind). Most of them already put their Science Notebooks in their backpacks, so they should have those for when they get home. Those are due tomorrow.

They will also have spelling and math as well as their twenty minutes of reading.

Back into the swing--and hey, it looks like spring is finally here for us as well.

No comments: